Mental Health Job Coach 2 – Supported Employment Specialist (LCDHS Classification 769)
The Supported Employment Specialist works with clients with serious and severe mental illness and currently served at Linn County Mental Health Services through the Community Support Services (CSS) and Adult Outpatient (AOP) teams. Provides advanced case management and supportive counseling and vocational goal oriented training. This position will work directly with the local employers to place, train, and support client in a variety of competitive work settings. Provides liaison and educational training to other agencies, operates and teaches pre-vocational and vocational skills to clients who experience severe mental disorders. Primary work sites will be Lebanon and Sweet Home.
- Considerable experience and understanding of Supported Employment techniques and job development and retention strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree with primary course work in behavioral sciences field; or four years of progressive experience in a mental health program serving clients with severe mental illness; or any satisfactory combination of work experience of serving people with severe mental illness or physical disabilities in a vocational rehabilitation setting.
- Knowledge of basic English composition and reasonable level of computer, Internet and office equipment operation sufficient to instruct clients in their basic operation and use
- Valid Oregon Driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mentally illness including skill training and case management
- Has an understanding of the Evidence Based Practice of Supported Employment and Individualized Placement and Support (IPS) Model
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record
SALARY, BENEFITS, COMPENSATION:
Linn County offers an excellent benefits package which includes fully paid contribution to the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System, paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave, options for medical, dental, and vision care insurance, options for deferred compensation, an employee assistance program, longevity pay, alternate and flexible work schedules, 37.5 hour work week, and more. Current salary range and total compensation (depending on qualifications):
SALARY RANGE: $3287 – $4201 Monthly
CLOSING DATE: April 29, 2016 or until filled
HOW TO APPLY: Submit Linn County Employment Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to:
Linn County Mental Health
PO Box 100
Albany, OR 97321