The Oregon Supported Employment Peer Collaborative (OSEPC) was formed in 2013 as an approach to blend the Oregon Peer movement with the principles and practices of the evidenced-based practice of Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Supported Employment (SE). The Peer Collaborative blends a partnership between Oregon Supported Employment Center for Excellence (OSECE) and the Oregon Center of Excellence for Assertive Community Treatment (OCEACT) in order to develop and provide ongoing training and technical assistance for mental health agencies moving toward incorporating peer-delivered services on IPS Supported Employment teams and ACT teams. Joan Keenen of OSECE has partnered with Christina Lindsey from OCEACT and together they partner to provide the following:
- Conduct monthly informational calls for IPS SE and ACT teams around the state, individuals identified as having interest in the peer movement and the integration of Peer-delivered services on IPS SE and ACT teams
- Develop a comprehensive contact list of all behavioral health providers, IPS SE and ACT teams supervisors and peers providing employment services, and all other interested leaders in Peer-delivered services around the state
- Conduct interest survey with IPS SE and ACT teams around the state
- Invite peer leaders from around the state to attend and participate in the OSECE annual conference
- Support IPS SE programs in development of IPS SE Peer provider job descriptions and onboarding of IPS Peer providers
- Develop curriculum for IPS SE Peer provider training
- Conduct regional training at Peer focused conferences around the state
- Offer IPS SE Peer provider training and technical assistance to IPS SE and ACT teams.
OSEPC monthly conference calls are now being combined with ACT Peer Collaboration Calls. Technical Assistance calls are held on the second Monday of the month from 11am- noon and Peer Check-In calls are held on the fourth Thursday of the month from 3-4pm. See the Event Calendar for links to these calls.
Mental Health and Addiction Association of Oregon- Current Trainings